“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Sunday, January 7, 2018

Gingerbread Love

Hello!
I hope the first week of the new year has been sweet to you!
We had a great time,
 there was a Stephen King  marathon,
We had  some fudge, a cheese platter and sparkling cider:)
I was asleep by half past😴
Now I'm ready for the next  holiday!


Yesterday our local classical station featured a live audio stream from the 
Metropolitan Opera.
It's one of my favorites..
Humperdinck's
'Hansel and Gretel'
 
I love it for various reasons..

1.Candy!
2. I had the little golden book 'Hansel and Gretel' when I was a child💕
(which, by the way I just got for Christmas from these awesome girls!)
3.I love gingerbread cookies..
they're my favorite kind of ornament, doll, pillow, drawing or shape to collect.
4.When Gabriella was eleven, she was part of the gingerbread chorus
with Arizona Opera.
I helped organize a party given for the children on opening night
(making the decor, favors and treat bags, etc)
 I was dubbed, Gingerbread Queen!
lol, I even got a certificate.
It was a lot of fun.
5. The music.
 
Before it began, Helena and I made some gingerbread cookies.
 While it was on we made some cute little crafts..
 
 
 
 
It was beautiful as usual..and as usual I cried at the end..haha!
It really took me back...

  (via Pinterest)

I made this digital art to show you
what my house would look like if I could have it any way I wanted:)
I'd live there and make art and never turn any children into cookies..
well, maybe just the bratty ones! haha



 That's it for now....
I will be stopping by to visit your blogs very soon.
Thank you for the New Year wishes!




9 comments:

  1. The Eldest and I toasted the New Year with mead. Himself and I were asleep a few minutes later while the girlies stayed up until half past stupid. I love gingerbread and gingerbread men. One year, I made and decorated gingerbread men to hang on the Christmas tree. So fun. Your gingerbread house is so happy. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a template to make Gingerbread houses.I made my first that year and kept it until February, a few pieces of candy missing by young hands. I set it out to the critters and they left it alone , to hard maybe.I love the opera , it allows us to look deep into our own thoughts and feelings.The tears are all part of the emotions portrayed and catch me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen Hansel and Gretel, but if I ever have the opportunity I'll go see it! I love gingerbread, too. Happy New Year, Sweet Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ginger bread cookies look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Gingerbread Queen. You had a fun time with your Hansel and Gretal opera, didn't you? I also want to live in your gingerbread house. It is lovely, and your digital art fascinates me.

    Gingerbread cookies are always wonderful. I also like how you and Helena made crafts while the opera was on. You are a wonderful and engaging mother. Hope you are enjoying 2018. You certainly are starting it off well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gingerbread Queen! So cute! I love this post! Your digital art piece is so beautiful! Hope your first week of January has went well! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It certainly sounds (pardon the pun!) like you had a perfect start to the new year. It just wouldn't be Christmas without Gingerbread cookies although they're tasty any time of the year, ha! I also loved that book as a child and now I need to find the opera so I can listen to it, too!
    Your artwork is fabulous, it's a perfect palace for the Gingerbread Queen and her Princesses! Have a fabulous 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "some fudge, a cheese platter and sparkling cider" sounds like perfection. We had cheese ball, summer sausage and ginger ale punch. I love gingerbread cookies and have had a gingerbread doll since childhood. It wouldn't be the traditional Christmas without them :) Happy 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, how fun! It sounds like you had a lot of fun and how sweet of the girls to give you the book! I love the house, digital art show, you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)